Sunday, November 26, 2017

Trying to Run

I'm teaching myself to run and it's not easy. It is not easy mentally or physically, but it is getting better. My biggest problem is that I can't clear my mind enough to enjoy the run. I just keep thinking about how long I've been running or if its almost over yet. 

I started out horribly. I couldn't even run one mile without gasping for air or sneaking in a few walk breaks and just told myself I did it. I mean at the time, it was better than staying in bed and not doing anything. Then I started using Couch to 5k (C25K), an app that helps train you to run a 3k. This helped me a lot.

Now, I no longer use the C25K app and I am able to run 4 miles straight. I use the tricks I learned from running with the app. I always start with a little stretch, then a 5 minute warmup. The most important thing I use is my own motivation. I tell myself it's almost over, keep going, and soon enough I'll be done. I set my goal at 45 minutes of running straight and tell myself I can do it and now I do. It's amazing because I never ever understood how people were able to run a mile so easily and I never thought I'd be able to run a mile and enjoy it.









No comments:

Post a Comment